segunda-feira, 22 de agosto de 2011

Exercises to pratice Part 1

Hi! Well, I decided put here some exercises (with the answers!) to my pratice, so this way become easy study for the futures tests. Right?


1. ..... Caviar in the fridge.
A.  There isn’t no  
B.  There is any  
C.  There isn’t any   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  There aren’t no  


2. I have Flamenco classes ……
A.  on Saturday afternoons  
B.  in Saturday afternoons  
C.  at Saturday afternoons  
D.  by Saturday afternoons  


3. David is the boss, you need to speak to …..
A.  it  
B.  him   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  her  
D.  them  


4. I wanted an orange car, but they only had .....
A.  a one red  
B.  one red  
C.  a red one.   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  a red.  


5. She …….. Supper with us last Friday
A.  hadn’t  
B.  no had  
C.  didn’t have got  
D.  didn’t have   CORRECT ANSWER


6. I’ve lost my passport. I can’t find it .....
A.  anywhere.  
B.  nowhere.  
C.  everywhere.  
D.  somewhere.  


7. Michael.........Paris in the morning
A.  to leaving  
B.  leaves for  
C.  is leaving for    CORRECT ANSWER
D.  leave to  


8.
A.  Pass the salt to Tom  
B.  Pass the Tom a salt.  
C.  Pass the salt at Tom  
D.  Pass to Tom the salt.  


9. I'm going out .......some cigarettes
A.  to buying  
B.  for buying  
C.  to buy   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  for to buy  


10. He says he's been robbed. He can't find his wallet............
A.  not anywhere.  
B.  nowhere.  
C.  anywhere.   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  somewhere.  


11. ..... orange juice in the fridge.
A.  There isn’t no  
B.  There is any  
C.  There isn’t any   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  There aren’t no  


12.
A.  Always he wakes up at 9:00  
B.  He wakes up at always 9:00  
C.  He always wakes up at 9:00   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  He wakes always up at 9:00  


13. I have class ……
A.  on Mondays   
B.  in Mondays   
C.  at Mondays   
D.  by Mondays   


14. He …….. breakfast yesterday
A.  hadn’t  
B.  no had  
C.  didn’t have got  
D.  didn’t have   CORRECT ANSWER


15.
A.  Give the Joan money  
B.  Give the money to Joan.   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  Give to Joan the money.  
D.  Give the money at Joan  


16.
A.  Mary usually drives carefully  
B.  Mary carefully drives usually  
C.  Mary carefully usually drives  
D.  Mary usually carefully drives  


17. I have to go to the bank ..... some money.
A.  for getting  
B.  to get   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  to getting  
D.  for to get  


18. There ..... hooligans at the match, for a change.
A.  were no  
B.  weren't no  
C.  were any  
D.  were not  


19.
A.  I told her what she finished the exercise .  
B.  I told her to finish the exercise.   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  I told she finish the exercise.  
D.  I told her that she finish the exercise.  


20. Tom is ..... Elizabeth how to copy it right now.
A.  telling  
B.  saying  
C.  saying to  
D.  telling to  


21. “..... have you been going out with him?” “Only a few months”
A.  How long  
B.  How long time  
C.  What time  
D.  For how long  


22. That can't be Albert! I.............
A.  have just seen him  
B.  am just seen him.  
C.  just see him.  
D.  am just seen him.  


23. Micheal ....for the Bank since last year.
A.  did work  
B.  has worked   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  does work  
D.  works  


24. Have you phoned the restaurant about the booking? Yes, I’ve …..done that.
A.  still  
B.  already   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  yet  
D.  now  


25. “.....have they been living in Paris?” “Only a few months”
A.  How long  
B.  How long time  
C.  What time  
D.  For how long  


26. They weren’t invited to the party, and nor .... I.
A.  weren’t  
B.  was   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  were   
D.  wasn't   


27. We can’t get there by 3.00pm . There is ..... time.
A.  few.  
B.  too little   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  too much little.  
D.  too few.  


28. The kitchen can’t be dirty he .....
A.  is just clean it.  
B.  have just cleaned it.  
C.  just clean it.  
D.  has just cleaned it.   CORRECT ANSWER


29. He’s looking forward ..... that film.
A.  to see  
B.  seeing  
C.  see  
D.  to seeing   CORRECT ANSWER


30.
A.  I told her what she closed the window.  
B.  I told her to close the window.   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  I told she close the window.  
D.  I told her that she close the window.  


31. Haven't you seen that film ......... ?
A.  already  
B.  still  
C.  now  
D.  yet   CORRECT ANSWER


32. Have you sent that fax to Mr. Smyth? Yes, I’ve …..done that.
A.  still  
B.  already   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  yet  
D.  now  


33. “..... have you been waiting?” “Only a few minutes”
A.  How long  
B.  How long time  
C.  What time  
D.  For how long  


34. They weren’t surprised and nor .... I.
A.  weren’t  
B.  wasn't  
C.  were   
D.  was    CORRECT ANSWER


35. ..... is it from Dublin to Barcelona?
A.  How far  
B.  How long  
C.  How much distance  
D.  How many  


36. He ..... go to see the accountant this morning .
A.  must  
B.  had to  
C.  ought to  
D.  must to  
.  “That’s very kind of you!”  


37. "Those shopping bags look really heavy. ......carry one for you?''
A.  Will I  
B.  Do I have  
C.  Shall I   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  Do I   


38. Don’t forget ..... the rubbish.
A.  to put out  
B.  putting out  
C.  to putting out  
D.  put out   


39. I'll never forget..... Rosa win the Eurovision
A.  see  
B.  to see  
C.  seeing   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  seen  


40. I thought you .....
A.  will going to help me.  
B.  were going to help me.   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  go to help me.  
D.  have go to help me.  


41. The letter ..... yesterday, but I don't know for sure.
A.  may arrive  
B.  might arrived  
C.  should arrive  
D.  may have arrived   CORRECT ANSWER


42. We ..... better study more if we want to pass the exam
A.  would  
B.  should  
C.  had   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  ought  


43. Thanks for remembering my birthday, but you........bought me a present.
A.  shouldn't have  
B.  haven’t  
C.  mustn't  
D.  have had to  


44. I wouldn’t mind ..... an early night, tonight...I'm exhausted!
A.  to have  
B.  have  
C.  having   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  to having  


45. The woman.... by the table is his sister, not his mother.
A.  whose  
B.  is standing  
C.  standing   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  stands  


46. I'll never stop.....you
A.  love  
B.  to love  
C.  loving   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  loved  


47. I can't say for sure, but I think she......back to Mexico.
A.  may gone  
B.  might gone  
C.  should to go  
D.  may have gone   CORRECT ANSWER


48. You guys ..... better get a move on if you don't want to miss the film.
A.  ought  
B.  had   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  have  
D.  would  


49. I have to catch the 5.00am train tomorrow, so I ..... go to bed early.
A.  needn't  
B.  haven’t  
C.  have to   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  have had to  


50. You look tired. You ..... go to bed.
A.  need  
B.  have  
C.  should have  
D.  ought to   CORRECT ANSWER


51. I thought you .....
A.  will come to the party.  
B.  were coming to the party.   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  come to the party.  
D.  have come to the party.  


52. It was really difficult, but eventually he ..... get tickets for the match
A.  was able to  
B.  can  
C.  could  
D.  would can  


53.
A.  Ask your mother when will be ready lunch.  
B.  Ask your mother when will be lunch ready.  
C.  Ask your mother when lunch will be ready.   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  Ask your mother when will lunch ready be.  


54. ….that I knew what he was up to.
A.  Little did he know  
B.  Little known  
C.  Little he knew  
D.  Little knowing  
(Mal sabia ele que eu sabia o que estava fazendo.)

55. He wrote the programme …… , .He really is very clever.
A.  by his own  
B.  on his own   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  on himself  
D.  by his ownership  
(Ele escreveu o programa por conta própria. Ele é realmente muito inteligente.)

56. …..in telling me these lies, because you know I don't believe you.
A.  There is no use  
B.  It is no point  
C.  It is no use   
D.  It is usefulness  


57. Let’s have another round of drinks, ……
A.  don’t we?  
B.  let us?  
C.  shall we?   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  will we?  


58. Not speaking to anyone.... ,but shouldn't we clean the house?
A.  especially  
B.  specially  
C.  in particular   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  himself  


59. Although it was very late, she..... book two tickets to Greece
A.  should  
B.  can  
C.  was able to   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  would can  


60. Your cough is terrible! You .......quit smoking.
A.  mustn't  
B.  should   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  would  
D.  may  


61. She....................very beautiful, because everybody said so.
A.  should have been  
B.  must have been   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  was to be  
D.  should be  


62. Let’s go for a walk in the mountains, ……
A.  don’t we?  
B.  let us?  
C.  shall we?   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  will we?  


63. By this time next month we.........to the new house. How exciting!
A.  will move  
B.  will have moved   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  are moving  
D.  will had moved  


64. If I ..... you, I’d take the risk.
A.  am  
B.  have been  
C.  were   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  would be  


65.
A.  Ask her when will be ready the food.  
B.  Ask her when will be the food ready.  
C.  Ask her when the food will be ready.   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  Ask her when will the food ready be.  


66. He drove so fast …….. a mad man.
A.  as if  
B.  as if he were   CORRECT ANSWER
C.  like  
D.  as  


67. ….. but I realised what he had done
A.  Little did he know  
B.  Little known  
C.  Little he knew  
D.  Little knowing  


68. If you’d come to the theatre last night, you ..... the play.
A.  would enjoy  
B.  had enjoyed  
C.  would have enjoyed   CORRECT ANSWER
D.  will enjoy  








Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Hey, write something nice!